The TTS Sections Congress Scientific Awards are designed to help offset expenses incurred to attend the ISVCA meeting in Cancun.
Five awards will be granted to recipients based on the scientific merit of submitted abstracts. Recipients must attend the meeting in order to receive the award. If an awardee is selected for a scientific award but does not attend the meeting, the monies of the award will be forfeited.
To be eligible for a scientific award, an individual must:
1. Submit at least one abstract as a presenting author by March 31, 2022.
2. Be a trainee, fellow or resident of an emerging economy country. As such, must be within two (2) years of completion of their training and/or fellowship, or provide proof of residency.
3. Be a member of TTS and ISVCA. If an applicant is not a member of The Transplantation Society and ISVCA, a membership application must be completed on the TTS website, www.tts.org and accepted in order for the award application to be reviewed and considered. The membership application must be completed prior to applying for the award.
4. A supporting letter must be submitted as a part of the travel award application. This letter must be signed by the applicant’s Supervisor or Program Director to verify the applicant’s status as a young investigator. Authors will not be considered for an award if the required letter is not sent. The applicant MUST be the presenting author. No exceptions will be made.
5. Attend the designated award presentation session scheduled during the Cancun Congress to receive the award.
Process for bestowing the award:
1. Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract’s degree of excellence (top score), as determined by the Scientific Program Committee. Every effort will be made by the Scientific Program Committee to award at least one scientific award to an applicant from each of the six TTS geographic regions.
2. The geographic regions are North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East & Africa and Oceania.
Awards may not exceed a maximum amount of $1,000 USD per awardee. A maximum of 5 awards will be provided per congress. Final selection of recipients will be approved by TTS.